[lbo-talk] lbo-talk Digest, Vol 285, Issue 1

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 8 08:20:50 PDT 2007

Doug posted an article about the praying liberal, Pelosi:

In the same appearance, Pelosi also she disagreed with her party's leading Democratic presidential nominees on whether there should be any long-term U.S. troop presence in Iraq, adding that the party's inability to end the war has been politically costly for Congressional Democrats.

At last month's Democratic presidential debate, Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y), Barack Obama (D-Ill.) and former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards all declined to pledge to remove all U.S forces from Iraq by 2013.

"I think the Democrats in the House of Representatives are much more optimistic than that," Pelosi said. "My view would be much more optimistic than what our presidential candidates are saying." ***************************************************

Maybe if Pelosi spent less time talking to herself on her knees, she'd have the guts to come out and support presidential candidate Kucinich, who unveiled a comprehensive exit plan to bring troops home back in January, 2007.

http://www.dennis4president.com/go/resources/kucinich-unveils-comprehensive-exit-plan-to-bring-troops-home,-stabilize-iraq/

Oh but yes, Pelosi is a realist. Kucinich can't win, so she continues to pray.

The disconnects within bourgeois liberalism....my, my. Talk about being in denial.

******************

And the US can't have universal non-profit healthcare because as the article writers which Steve posted wrote:

If national reforms ever do occur, they could wipe out some of the 500,000 jobs in the private health insurance industry. That would include many with Indianapolis-based WellPoint, which employs more than 20,000 workers nationwide.

********* So the healthcare mess in the Land of the Free is actually a jobs program. This is highly touted efficiency of the actually existing free market. Ever notice how often a pro-capitalist arguments are spun so as to make the employing class look like angels of charity, GIVING the workers jobs? Nice capitalists.

*********

One bill, introduced by Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., supports a national health-care system that would build off of Medicare and give insurance industry employees two years of unemployment benefits and priority in hiring. *********

Good on Conyers. At least he's not just praying for God to do something. But hardly anyone is supporting Conyers' bill, right? Is the praying Pelosi supporting it? The candidate who can't win says on his website: "Health care in the US is too expensive and leaves 46 million Americans without insurance and millions more underinsured. Dennis Kucinich is the only candidate for President with a plan for a Universal, Single-Payer, Not-for-Profit health care system.

"America's patchwork of for-profit, private insurers waste billions of dollars on spending that has nothing to do with paying for care. Elaborate underwriting, billing, sales and marketing divert huge amounts of money away from delivering health care. Huge profits and staggering compensation for the insurance companies' top executives and CEO's."

http://www.dennis4president.com/go/issues/a-healthy-nation/

No wonder, "we the people", get depressed and cynical about bourgeois dominated democracy--the (s)election. Unfortunately, we feel we are isolated, individual consumers all lost in the free-market wonderland of CANDIDATES--THE SERIOUS ONES (the rest are too small to register on the tv screens and therefore, the consciousness of the American voting public).

Mike B)

Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht! http://www.iww.org/culture/official/preamble.shtml

Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited storage. http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/unlimitedstorage.html