[lbo-talk] Question about Chinese old-age pensions

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 09:44:12 PDT 2007

O economic Wunderkinder,

I was skimming through an article in the Russian press today on retirement pensions in different parts of the world. According to this article, the average pension in the People's Republic of China is a grand total of -- $0.

Is this true? It's believable for peasants, which is most people, I suppose, but people working in glitzy companies in Beijing? I suppose they would have private pension plans. What percentage of the population has a pension of any sort?

Thanks!

____________________________________________________________________________________ Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel. http://travel.yahoo.com/