[lbo-talk] Georgetown action

Mr. WD mister.wd at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 13:51:18 PDT 2007

http://octoberrebellion.org/en/georgetown

"We are calling for disruptive actions throughout Georgetown, respecting a diversity of tactics, for October 19th, starting at 9pm.

"We will have an unpermitted march through Georgetown. We will assemble at Washington Circle - near the Foggy Bottom Metro (the closest metro to Georgetown) and promptly depart for Georgetown at 9pm sharp.

"The action working group of the coalition has put together various information about Georgetown, including a map of the area, a photo gallery, and targets directly connected to the IMF and World Bank. ... "This will be a rowdy march, and the coalition embraces a diversity of tactics. Please plan accordingly." _____________________

On the one hand, I like the idea of bringing the fight right to the doorsteps of the ruling class and the most prominent members of the bourgeoisie.

On the other hand, this is bound to be a PR disaster that will be interpreted by most as a riot against nice things rather than class struggle (although maybe that's inevitable).

I'm sitting on the fence on this one. Anyone feel strongly about it one way or the other?

-WD