[lbo-talk] Hillary pats a worker on the head

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Oct 8 19:38:07 PDT 2007

[Didn't Bush say something similar to this and get pilloried by the Dems?]

<http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/10/middle-class-ex.html>

ABC News' Eloise Harper Reports: Sen. Hillary Clinton's 'Middle Class Express' made a pit stop at an Iowa diner where the New York senator shook hands, enjoyed a loose meat sandwich and attempted to hand caucus cards to the Iowans inside.

Inside the Maid Rite diner, Clinton sidled up to the counter with Christie Vilsack (wife of former Gov. Tom Vilsack) and Ruth Harkin (wife of Senator Harkin.)

Clinton also spoke to one of the diner's waitresses, Anita Esterday. It was her first day on the job and she and Clinton shared a short exchange. Esterday who has three jobs and works 12 hour shifts, said to Clinton "both of my sons have worked since they were 14 years old"; Clinton told her, "I'm proud of you."