[lbo-talk] new spirit of capitalism

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 9 08:16:58 PDT 2007

> On Oct 9, 2007, at 6:43 AM, Lenin's Tomb wrote:
>
> > a global system of
> > appropriation of labour modelled on white supremacy
>
> Except that the most dynamic region of the capitalist world for the
> last 20-30 years has been Asia. At the same time, the ur-white
> region, Western Europe, is what Morgan Stanley investment strategist
> Byron Wien called little more than "an open-air museum" a few years
> ago (though I know Dennis Redmond will disagree).

Oh, come on. Aside from the fact that bulk of global investment remains in the region where white meets bread, the global appropriation of labour - wherever the labour actually takes place, is overwhelmingly to the benefit of a small Anglo-Saxon elite in the United States. This isn't an uncomplicated issue, but the basic contours of the system are those of a global racial hierarchy.