[lbo-talk] new spirit of capitalism

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 9 10:46:30 PDT 2007

On 10/9/07, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> wrote:

> LT wrote:
> >Yeah... whose subtext is that, exactly? That of the bisexual Yoshie, or
> >that of the polymorphically perverse LT?
>
> This doesn't prove anything, one way or the other.

Of course it doesn't *prove* anything in itself, but it does make the claim that Yoshie is a homophobe somewhat counterintuitive, and it does mean that one has to make an argument rather than make greasy insinuations which have nothing to do with the transactions to date.

>Why are arguments constantly being invented for us? Why are we
> >to be held responsible for your fantasies? Why must we constantly answer
> >charges confected by an increasingly populous tribunal?
>
> Such woe! Yoshie has been far from a butterfly broken on a wheel in
> this. This exchange, to be generous to her, has been going on for
> months and it would have taken on a very different tone if Yoshie
> weren't so often playing more radical than thou.

I don't care what the excuse is for fabulating, and for fabulating further on the basis of previous fabulations, it simply isn't good enough. This is not about my hot and passionate tears of indignation - though, mon chéri, yours is a very inviting and manly shoulder if I may say so, and a weeping head rested on its muscular carapace would be well-placed to nibble at that divine earlobe - it is about people engaging honestly with sometimes difficult discussion rather than throwing a hissy fit every time someone blows the Iranians a little kiss.