[lbo-talk] Fw: new spirit of capitalism

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Tue Oct 9 13:23:13 PDT 2007

Marvin Gandall wrote:
>...I think if the Ahmadinejad regime took conspicuous steps to
>loosen rather than tighten controls on its domestic opponents, it
>would contribute to the further isolation of the war hawks in
>Washington at this critical juncture....

I'm afraid that if Ahmedi-nejad tried any such thing the "regime"-- meaning the security services, the Council of Guardians, the Council of Experts, and Supreme Leader Khamenei--would just roll over him and go on its bloody way, leaving him sputtering in the dust alongside his unfortunate predecessor Khatemi. Look what happened when he advanced the liberal notion that women should be permitted (segregatedly of course) to attend football matches!

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...It consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos