[lbo-talk] new spirit of capitalism

bhandari at berkeley.edu bhandari at berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 9 13:57:54 PDT 2007

My dear Lenin, What does it mean to call the gay international the agents of Empire? And how did I get your critique of identity politics wrong? I wasn't trying to be unfair; perhaps I did your position more justice than you yourself have?

Now you want to defend Iran from further attack, there is one burning issue--the post 9/11 US claim to a right to preventive attacks, once diplomacy has failed, against a build up of WMD capacity by any state which the executive has declared rogue. Of course this doctrine, along with the constant bombardment of Iraq since the early 1980s, motivates all rogue states to acquire WMD or fabulate (as did Saddam on the eve of the war) that they have them in order to discourage bombardment. Hilary Clinton clearly accepts this new doctrine. What are your and Yoshie's argument against the actual doctrine invoked for the destabilization of Iran? What are we to make of India's and the US' new nuclear agreement? Let's get real: Bush does not care one whit for the condition of gays or women.

Rakesh