[lbo-talk] new spirit of capitalism

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Tue Oct 9 13:52:34 PDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 05:20:12PM -0400, Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Oct 9, 2007, at 4:57 PM, bhandari at berkeley.edu wrote:
>
> > Let's get real: Bush does not care one whit for the condition of
> > gays or
> > women.
>
> I bet he & a lot of his constituency wouldn't mind if we could import
> a little Sharia-style law into the U.S. It's a lot like the Old
> Testament, and those fundies love their Old Testament.

Dinesh D'Souza admitted as much on The Colbert Report:

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/01/17/colbert-nails-dinesh-dsouza/

Colbert: So, what other cultural editing notes should we take from

the terrorists?

D'Souza: It's not editing notes, it's a of matter...

Colbert: No, no, I mean, I agree with you: there are some good ideas

these guys have. This is what you're saying, that there are some

parts of our culture that are corrosive, and you agree with some of

the things that they're saying.

D'Souza: I'm saying that...

Colbert: No, you have the courage to say that, right? That you

agree with some of the things these radical extremists are against

in America. (I'm concerned more ) Do you agree with that statement?

(Well, I'm, no ) Just do you agree with that statement?

D'Souza: I agree with it. But (Okay, good.)

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 yahoo msg: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com

I want peace on earth and good will toward men.

-Erwin "Whistler" Emory We are the United States Government. We don't do that sort of thing.

-Bernard Abbott