[lbo-talk] new spirit of capitalism

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Tue Oct 9 20:19:07 PDT 2007

I've known Dennis a long time, back before LBO existed when Dennis, Doug, and several others were on other lefty lists. Dennis is not someone who has some vague understanding of pomoistas.

Let's get back to what Bhandari said:

Yoshie reasons that ACT UP and other members of the gay international are sinister imperialist creations. I think this form of insinuation should not be allowed. I imagine that you are not gay, I am not either. But isn't anyone a bit sickened by the subtext here--that those morally compromised homosexuals are doing the Empire's work? Others seem to think that anti racists and feminists would not exist without the need for niche marketing. So resistance is just the most advanced wing of the system. The theorists are so much smarter than the people who have actually improved the world often at considerable personal cost. I agree with Doug's reply to Lenin. He's not making his point.

Bhandari's been around a long time, too. He's more than familiar with Yoshie's queerness and the various faminist positions she's taken on the list. (LEt's not get started on evolutionary theory and feminism, 'k? LOL)

If he was attacking anything, it was in the heart of that paragraph where he writes, "The theorists are so much smarter than the people who have actually improved the world often at considerable personal cost."

Now, I'll agree that this aspect of the post was unfair to Yoshie, but nothing in there even hints at her supposed homophobia. At her arm chair theorizing, her distance from actual engagement in queer and feminist struggles, etc.