[lbo-talk] new spirit of capitalism

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Wed Oct 10 13:06:44 PDT 2007

Wow, B ! You are such a cool researcher.

I can see where Yoshie is coming from.

On U.S. leftists, though, the American pollees are now overwhelmingly against the war on Iraq. So, we leftists can take up the task of preventing war on Iran with the spirit that we are fresh from a victory in changing American mass consciousness to opposition to the war on Iraq. Go American Leftists !

Charles

^^^^^^^^^^ bitch at pulpculture

At my blog, whenever I had good words to say about Yoshie, sometimes folks would pipe up to complain about her views on Iran. Being too busy with my bourgeois concerns about US politics, I didn't bother to find out what her views were. Now, I've just read through half of the posts Yoshie's made on the topic since Jan 07, 2006 and through 7/11/2--6. It was in July when

things blew out re: Iran. (Initially, YOshie posted about students revolting against Ahmadinejad)

Doug mentioned something about how this has gone on a long time. I'll say! And worse, it largely started with both commenting on hos FOX beat the war drums over Iran, basically both in agreement about the issue.

In late Jan 2006, Yoshie argued in favor of Ahmadinejad's populism, economic policies, and what she perceived as his "passive revolution" (a la Gramsci) against clerics. [2] He was also making the right friends (Moscow, Cuba, Venezuala) and enemies ("neoliberal "reformists" and clerical gerontocrats") [6, 7]

-clip-