[lbo-talk] "Suck Cock to Beat the Draft" vs. Equal Right to Serve (was An Empire of NGOs)

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 09:17:37 PDT 2007

I think I still prefer Yoshie's bizarre, erotic political fan fiction about Islam and Iran.

I wanna see where she goes with this, if she's able to perhaps concoct a new hypothetical pleasure dome in a mythical Xanadu like other Orientalist romanticists before her, in these purely conjectural, titillating flights of fancy of hers. WHAT IF THEY ALL GOT SEXY? Well, Theda Bara and Rudolf Valentino and other Orientalists already imagined it. It's called 19th century lit. and early silent films like Theda Bara in Salome.

Though I do agree Catholicism has had some bizarre sex appeal to it for awhile now. That's what Madonna played on, right? And maybe even JFK/Jackie?

But not Kerry. Heh. ;<

-B.

Doug Henwood wrote:

"I agree about the, um, subtext. But let's make it explicit XXX!"