[lbo-talk] First cooperative brothel, for 2010 Olympics, or going for the gold?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Oct 11 11:04:35 PDT 2007

On Oct 11, 2007, at 1:34 PM, Chris Doss wrote:

> Am I the only person who really, really hates the word
> "sex worker"? What's wrong with "prostitute"?

Sex worker includes all kinds of people - porn actors, phone sex operators, strippers, etc. Politicized sex workers are perfectly fine with the word prostitute when it refers to one. Also whore and hooker.

This does remind me of when an old pal heard a speaker at a rally referred to "culture workers." He said, "Culture workers? We got into culture so we didn't have to work." He now is a computer programmer on Wall Street.

Doug