[lbo-talk] The state secrets doctrine swallows the world

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 16:11:25 PDT 2007

I wonder if the same doctrine will be used against Maher Arar's appeal in his suit against the US government. His lawyer thinks Arar's case is different because in his case it is known that the US had him deported to Syria where he was tortured.

Cheers, Ken Hanly

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/10/washington/10scotus.html