[lbo-talk] First cooperative brothel, for 2010 Olympics, or going for the gold?

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Thu Oct 11 19:53:27 PDT 2007

organized was the wrong word choice. most sex workers aren't organized at all. not to mention that most of the people who denouce the word "sex workers" and "sex work" are almost always reactionaries with dubious motives -- like Arial Levy who seems to think it was the invention of the evil academic feminists. It wasn't. Or, the radical feminists in _Radically Speaking_ who denounce the term "sex work" as somehow legitimating it as just another form of work. Better to call it "pornstitution" they think. They're arguments are rather loathesome particularly when confronted with the fact of real women, riht in front of their face, the prostitutes the radical feminists are trying to save, who object to their word "pornstitution" and want to be called "sex workers". The fucking assholes, in the name of saving sex workers, blithely ignore their existence and their demands to be called what they've asked others called them. Some feminism, that. It's really quite shocking to watch them in action: right in front of their face are the women they're trying to "save" and they push them aside because they are women who aren't behaving the way they want. The author of that paper, Jo Doezema, a lesbian sex worker in Sweden (IIRC) has a fabulous paper on the phenom of "saving brown prostitutes" who invariably turn out not to want to be saved by the radical and liberal feminists so keen to "protect" them and who turn out to advocate policies that these radical feminists simply can't abide. So, they simply ignore their actual activism on their own behalf and go off in search of the pornstitutes who tell 'em what they want to hear.

fucking pathetic.

that's why I wanted to know when Doss was mugged.