[lbo-talk] Hamid Dabashi on Ahmadinejad & Bollinger

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Thu Oct 11 21:55:56 PDT 2007

I'm eventually going to get to responding to Yoshie's reading of Gramsci, but I'm substantially skeptical to the parallel between Iran and Venezuela. It seems to operate on a set of shallow linkages between Ahmedijad and Chavez in order to gloss over the more substantial element of the Boliverian movement, the mass movement. I'm am willing to be disabused of this notion, but I don't see anything parallel to this occurring within the Islamic Republic.

Robert Wood