[lbo-talk] Hamid Dabashi on Ahmadinejad & Bollinger

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Fri Oct 12 03:49:14 PDT 2007

Michael Smith wrote:

> Pathetic. I hate this moral-equivalence stuff -- it's
> so liberal, so above-it-all.

[...]

=================== Micheal Smith may view Dabashi's al Ahram article as "pathetic, so liberal, so above-it-all", in contrast to his own brave and morally unequivocal defence of Ahmadinejad on the LBO list, but I also admired this Iranian scholar's brutal dressing down of his employer, alone of Columbia's cowed faculty, laced though it was with criticism of the clerical regime from an anti-imperialist perspective.