[lbo-talk] Doris Lessing on her Nobel

farmelantj at juno.com farmelantj at juno.com
Fri Oct 12 05:08:56 PDT 2007

Doris Lessing had been in the running for the Nobel Prize for something like thirty years or more. If I had been in the running for such a prize, for such a period of time, and they finally granted me one at the age of 88, I'd probably tell Stockholm to piss off.

Jim F.

-- (Chuck Grimes) <cgrimes at rawbw.COM> wrote: Today, the press greeted Golden Notebook author Doris Lessing as she arrived at her home in a taxi. In the clip above, they tell her she was awarded the Nobel Prize for literature, and her response is, "Oh Christ. I couldn't care less."