[lbo-talk] "Suck Cock to Beat the Draft" vs. Equal Right to Serve (was An Empire of NGOs)

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Oct 12 09:18:54 PDT 2007

Michael Smith wrote:

>On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 21:58 -0400, Doug Henwood wrote:
>

>>I've read a fair amount of Sade. There's a lot of tedium mixed in
>>with the hot stuff.
>>

>Is that not the case with pornography generally? Or am I just easily
>bored?

Well there's no music without silence and no porn without tedium. I mean, people have to rest.

I think I've read everything he wrote and I found it fascinating. It's a mix of philosophy and porn. The philosophy is basically a critique of Rousseau; but he does reveal the rotten core of the will to power and the dark side of morality.

Joanna