[lbo-talk] Not getting laid is the same as being oppressed

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Fri Oct 12 13:36:32 PDT 2007

> However, I suspect that, for many, it is
greater than you or andie think.

Maybe for the casual player, but less in the serious kinksters I know.

> If sexual liberation is concerned with liberating
sexual minorities, and you acknowledge that there are those who get off on breaking the rules, how do you justify a project that seeks to remove all prohibitions on sexual pleasure?

Not all prohibitions will go away. Many people will get off on the fact that what they are doing is societally frowned upon if no longer actively illegtal.

> What are the people who get off on outlaw sex to do?

They will create their own little world where they are sexually misunderstood and, therefore, able to indulge their outlaw desires.

> Are they just too small in number, or too weird, to
be concerned about? (Wouldn't that have to be your argument?)

I do not think it is a large population. For most people, if they feel guilty about engaging in kink, but do it anyway, they can satisfy their outlaw fetish if it exists.

For hardcore outlaws, they will just keep trying to push the limit to satisfy the fetish (as it is in today's community). And sometimes it is just going beyond the mainstream of the kink community that is enough for them. So I do not see a big problem.

Brian