[lbo-talk] Strip club is planned near bondage parlor

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Oct 12 19:05:48 PDT 2007

Dennis Claxton wrote:
> Neighbors don't mind Lady Hillary's Dominion Club but they don't want
> the strip club.

> From the Los Angeles Times
>
> Strip club is planned near bondage parlor
>
> Despite opposition by L.A.'s Regent Square residents, it has received
> a temporary city business license.
> By Martha Groves
> Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
>
> October 12, 2007
>
> For residents of a tiny pocket of the South Robertson Boulevard area
> of Los Angeles known as Regent Square and for nearby business owners,
> the slogan of the moment appears to be: Better the X-rated business
> you know than the one you don't.

I've recently started wishing that I had a bunch of capital at my disposal. I'd open a chain of sex clubs and stores just to fuck with the douchebags who oppose these businesses.

Have any lawyers successfully challenged these municipal restrictions on the fact that they violate the separation of church and state.

Chuck