[lbo-talk] see you later

bhandari at berkeley.edu bhandari at berkeley.edu
Sun Oct 14 10:40:22 PDT 2007

"Michael Smith, who provoked this long thread by describing Hamid Dabashi as "pathetic, so liberal, so above-it-all", so into "this moral-equivalence stuff", asks:

Yes Marvin. In fact I don't think Dabashi was even handed enough calling Bollinger a profound racist and Ahmadinejad vastly superior. To make Bolligner (rather than Bush) the moral inferior or even even equal of Ahmadinejad seems to me very wrong; in fact it reads to me as very very irrational. And disturbed in fact. So accuse me of being pathetic, so liberal, so above it all, but that accusation against Dabashi is unjustified. I remain baffled by the responses of Huato, Smith, Furuhashi, Ravi.

Rakesh