[lbo-talk] Dumbing Down (was Can Politics Be Liberated from the von Neumann Style?)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Oct 14 13:40:15 PDT 2007

On Oct 14, 2007, at 3:12 PM, Lenin's Tomb wrote:

> I expect there's a big difference between the deliberately insouciant
> language used by Doug in this context and the deliberate
> infantilisation of
> discourse in US politics as a whole.

I should hope so, and appreciate the distinction. Microsoft Word regularly tells me you need 14 grades of education to read my prose. But, turning to more important matters, I doubt there ever was a time when U.S. political discourse wasn't infantilized. "Ma Ma Where's My Pa? Gone to the White House Ha Ha Ha"!

Doug