[lbo-talk] Can Politics Be Liberated from the von Neumann Style?

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Mon Oct 15 10:15:44 PDT 2007

======================================= Sorry, Julio, I should have been more clear. I think the American public CAN be influenced regarding Iran, but mainly by reinforcing how damaging an attack of any kind would be to their economic and security interests and to America's image abroad, which many think is in need of repair. I doubt most Americans much care about the internal situation in Iran one way or the other. So focusing on this can be a diversion in wider circles, and divisive within our own. When Americans do turn their attention to Iran's domestic affairs, their concern is about the status of women, gays, and Israel. So Doug and others are quite correct when they say it is hurts more than helps Iran to appear as defenders of the regime.