[lbo-talk] Billy Bragg: How the Queen charmed the pants off me

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 16 12:16:45 PDT 2007

B. wrote:

>Even though I'm not crazy about the Sex Pistols, at
>least they snubbed the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame.

Catch them if you can:

Sex Pistols set for Roxy Punk band reunites for October 25 show By PHIL GALLO

The Sex Pistols will play a special private club show for fans on Oct. 25 at the Roxy in West Hollywood.

Their first-ever club show in Los Angeles coincides with celebration of the 30th anniversary of their lone album "Never Mind The Bollocks ... Here's the Sex Pistols." Show is put together by Indie 103.1, the radio station that broadcasts Pistols guitarist Steve Jones' daily show, mobile provider Helio and RedOctane, whose "Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock" game will feature a new recording of "God Save the Queen.

Indie 103.1, and its Website, <http://www.variety.com/www.indie1031.com>www.indie1031.com will handle the ticket giveaway.

Original members Jones, John Lydon, Paul Cook and Glen Matlock will also perform at the Brixton Academy in London Nov. 8, 9 and 10 and in Manchester at the MEN Arena Nov. 17.

Sex Pistols singles "Anarchy In The UK," "God Save The Queen," "Pretty Vacant" and "Holidays In The Sun" are being re-issued on vinyl throughout October for the album's 30th anniversary.

Read the full article at: <http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117972930.html>http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117972930.html

WIll buy your Sex Pistols/Roxy tickets for top dollar each - $500

---------- Reply to: <mailto:sale-450035914 at craigslist.org?subject=WIll%20buy%20your%20Sex%20Pistols/Roxy%20tickets%20for%20top%20dollar%20each%20-%20$500>sale-450035914 at craigslist.org Date: 2007-10-15, 3:20PM PDT

You won them. But you need/want cash instead? Not a ticket broker, just a sold-out old punk who can afford to buy their way in. I'll take as many as you have. One. Two. 10 (I've got sold out friends too). No BS, no thinking about it. Just the cash you want within hours of you having them in your hand. Thanks!

* Location: Hollywood Hills

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/wan/450035914.html