[lbo-talk] Armenian genocide?

Russell Grinker grinker at mweb.co.za
Thu Oct 18 02:06:40 PDT 2007

The Polish Jewish genocide seems to have been quite successful don't you think? As far as I know, of Poland's prewar Jewish population of 3 million, only about 50,000 survived the war. That's less than 1%. I'm reminded particularly of finding matzo crackers in a Stalin era store in Katowice in 1989. And although local people knew them as 'maco', they had no idea of their origins, so complete was the elimination of the Jews of the city.

Wojtek wrote: To my knowledge, the only fully successful act of genocide in modern times was carried out by the people who brought us the concentration camp (yes, the British, who invented it during the Second Boer War