[lbo-talk] paler shade of white: race and current indie rock

Blackmail blackmail.is.my.life at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 03:07:27 PDT 2007

All the links you need are at the top of this thread

http://www.ilxor.com/ILX/ThreadSelectedControllerServlet?showall=true&bookmarkedmessageid=1&boardid=41&threadid=59843

If you're interested, it's worth a scroll thru. This is the first rock critic shitstorm [since the last one] in some time. I personally shy away from the sociological stuff these days because looking back guys like Greil Marcus and Simon Reynolds seem much more whiggish in their interpretations, but this stuff always gets a rise out of readership.

[Personal favorite, if you can forgive the Mammonism, is that the New Yorker publishes what I consider their attempt at sensationalism...and then they don't have comments on the blog page, you know, to harness the traffic that's pounding the I Love Music page. Then I mumble something about print media wanting to survive as things go online...]

Cheers, J T.