[lbo-talk] Armenian genocide?

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 09:25:25 PDT 2007

I think if one redefines "Jew" as "Eastern European Yiddish-Speaking Jew," the Nazis were very successful. A few stragglers made it through, but the nation is dead. The Jewish population of Ukraine and Belarus was enormous. Before the Holocaust, the population of Odessa was something like 40% Yiddish-speaking Jews; Kiev was something like 20%. There's not much Yiddish being spoken there now.

--- Russell Grinker <grinker at mweb.co.za> wrote:

> The Polish Jewish genocide seems to have been quite
> successful don't you
> think? As far as I know, of Poland's prewar Jewish
> population of 3 million,
> only about 50,000 survived the war. That's less than
> 1%. I'm reminded
> particularly of finding matzo crackers in a Stalin
> era store in Katowice in
> 1989. And although local people knew them as 'maco',
> they had no idea of
> their origins, so complete was the elimination of
> the Jews of the city.

Lyubo, bratsy, lyubo, lyubo, bratsy, zhit!

ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ËÞÁÎ, ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ÆÈÒÜ!