[lbo-talk] Jewish "nation"? (Was Armenian genocide?)

Russell Grinker grinker at mweb.co.za
Thu Oct 18 21:58:10 PDT 2007

Very long time since I read Leon too. But I suppose the difference is that while a nation is a modern era construct, the 'people-class' was pre-capitalist and served purposes specific to an era before capitalist institutions were fully developed. Consequently, as Eastern Europe underwent capitalist development, the old people-class ceased to have any social role.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Marvin Gandall Sent: 18 October 2007 11:54 PM To: LBO-Talk Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Jewish "nation"? (Was Armenian genocide?)

Russell Grinker wrote:

>I prefer Abraham Leon's 'people-class' idea (see his *The Jewish question:
> Marxist interpretation*).

It's been a long time since I read Leon, but I'm not aware of any conflict with his analysis. Where does it lie?