[lbo-talk] Marjane Satrapi: Revolutionary Spirit

Stephen Philion stephen.philion at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 09:12:59 PDT 2007

Doug,

Have you read any of the work of Meera Nanda? She's an academic comrade of Aijaz Ahmad (In Theory) [I believe Ahmad's critique of Edward Said's ideas on 'diaspora' is plainly speaking to your criticism of Marjane

Satrapi [though I could see one saying in return that Ahmad is too 'western' [ha ha !!]. Anyhow, Nanda written a recent book called "Prophets Looking Backward: Postmodern Critics of Science", which I think is relevant to this thread.

<http://www.amazon.com/Prophets-Facing-Backward-Postmodern Nationalism/dp/0813533589>

Stephen Philion Free the West Memphis 3!! www.wm3.org