[lbo-talk] Marjane Satrapi: Revolutionary Spirit

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Oct 21 11:58:14 PDT 2007

Yoshie quoted:

> Isn't nakedness veiling what they really are?

Absolutely -- an incomplete human being is an incomplete human being: whether it is their sexual nature that is denied or their non-sexual nature.

I would say that 95% of westerners are completely blind to the fact that 100% of our erotic energy must be channeled into sex. The wider embrace of eros: education, compassion, social commitment, etc., has been steadily narrowing since the Romantic age, and now it is reduced simply to fucking which is lauded as uniquely liberatory.

It's a neat trick which also had me fooled until very lately.

Joanna