[lbo-talk] Why I Skip Anti-Globalization Protests

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Oct 22 11:16:24 PDT 2007

On Oct 22, 2007, at 1:53 PM, Mr. WD wrote:

> But it's so much cooler
> to throw a brick at a stupid mall chain store...

Yeah, that's going to mobilize the masses. Who work and shop at those chain stores.

Chuck, I really don't understand what the strategy is behind that sort of thing. It seems more about self-expression than mobilizing or educating anyone. It will appeal to appx 0.01% of the population, if that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Doug