[lbo-talk] Counterpunch jumps the shark

Charles A. Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Mon Oct 22 13:12:24 PDT 2007

``Through all this, Horowitz is playing off and seeking to exacerbate as situation where increasingly, humanity is being confronted with two intolerable choices: Bush's crusade for empire or a reactionary Islamic fundamentalist reponse. The Bush regime has committed crimes on a far greater scale and is by far the greater danger to humanity, but both are complete nightmares Both reinforce and feed off each otehr, and as they grow, they suck up the air to breathe for secular and progressive forces in this country and around the world.''

--------

Right on! But what I really can't figure out is Horowitz. Not his agenda, which speaks for itself, but his motivation. The only thing that makes sense to me is somekind of Likkud, some rightwing Israeli agenda promotion through his own sense of loyality to a deeply twisted version of Judaism. Sort of a Leo Strauss character only on steroids...

CG