[lbo-talk] the Mortimers

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Oct 22 18:28:07 PDT 2007

If you're at all interested in life at the top in NYC, the USA, and the world today, this piece on Tinsley and Topper Mortimer is quite a study. Read this and you might conclude our society suffers serious morbidity.

<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/21/fashion/21topper.html? pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=fashion>

Topper, old money with a pedigree going back to John Jay, sounds appalled by his wife, the socialite handbag designer who is the daughter of a Virginia carpet maker. I don't know how their marriage could survive this but there's been talk for a year or more.