[lbo-talk] Why I Skip Anti-Globalization Protests

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 07:04:58 PDT 2007

Doug wrote:

> Gotta love Teddy (and, by the way, his string
quartets > are pretty good!).

Which recording have you heard? I have the Leipzig String Quartet version, which was first recorded in GDR days, or directly after the Wende.

I heard them perform the entire cycle (if you can call it that) live in Berlin on September 11th, 2003 (the centennial of Teddy's birthday).

They closed with a Beethoven string quartet, presumably to wrap up on a note of hope. ;-)