[lbo-talk] jail terms for student activists

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Oct 23 11:10:15 PDT 2007

On Oct 23, 2007, at 12:51 PM, ravi wrote:

> Ulhas' day off, today?
>
> --ravi
>

> http://hrw.org/english/docs/2006/10/13/usdom14388.htm
> http://hrw.org/reports/2006/us0406/
>
> <...>
>
> Lethal injections look peaceful and painless—which is why California
> and all but one of the other death penalty states adopted them to
> replace the more gruesome spectacles of execution by hanging, firing
> squad, lethal gas, or electrocution.

Ah, didn't you get the message that HRW is one of those racist, imperialist organizations?

What's the point of this? You think I don't know that the U.S. is one of the world's greatest state-sponsored killers? You think I don't know the U.S. jails more people than anyone else on earth? You think I don't care?

And WTF does capital punishment have to do with the article? It was about students who face jail for "publishing articles insulting to Islam in student publications." Oh, but I guess if they're "insulting" Islam, that makes them objectively pro-imperialist?

By the way, according to the racist imperialists at AI, Iran has executed 250 people so far this year. That's even more than Texas.

Doug