[lbo-talk] "Islamofascism Awareness Week" (was Marjane Satrapi: Revolutionary Spirit)

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue Oct 23 12:13:04 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 11:37 -0700, andie nachgeborenen wrote:
> So your view that if someone says that some other
> country has a wicked government that puts the question
> of intervention squarely on the table?

Not necessarily. But it seemed to me that your choice of "imposing" vs. "allowing" did just that -- perhaps without quite meaning to. Things get said in the heat of debate which one might not say in calm of mind, all passion spent.

> Can I ask you an honest but not very nice question,
> Michael?

You can ask, but I probably won't answer. Personal questions usually seem presumptuous to me, and personal comments rather childish.

> I assume that you're an intelligent person,
> there's been evidence to that effect in your
> contributions. Why are you saying such dumb things?

Oh, I see! You meant a RHETORICAL question! Never mind.

> Yoshie's become an ideological fanatic

Hey, we're all ideologues of one kind or another here -- are we not?