[lbo-talk] "Islamofascism Awareness Week" (was Marjane Satrapi:Revolutionary Spirit)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 12:56:42 PDT 2007

What I am saying is that the Iranian and Saudi states likely are legitimate in the eyes of a large chunk of the population, probably the majority. Probably the majority approves of application of shariah law, covering women, stoning adulterers and homosexuals, etc.

I mean, the malcontents in Saudi Arabia trying to bring down the government are mad at it because they think it is too liberal, not because it is theocratic. They're the "let's run planes into skyscrapers" type.