[lbo-talk] Marjane Satrapi: likes the West for the freedom to work, wanted Kerry to win

Blackmail blackmail.is.my.life at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 18:14:45 PDT 2007

Yeah I'd been following the film's reception at NYFF. Sounds like it's absolutely breathtaking.

When I read the book [and I read that Bookslut interview a while back when Persepolis first came out], I was struck by how any audience could relate to the story, that there was something for children to latch onto and for adults to think about. If it's done right, this could be an immediate classic movie and will go a long way to put the Iranian people in a more favorable light than all the current demagoguery allows.

Cheers, J T.