[lbo-talk] US fascism/ Islamofascism Awareness Week

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Wed Oct 24 06:26:20 PDT 2007

It's funny to hear Charles Brown characterize Yoshie's current thinking as fresh, since it sounds a lot like a recap of the stuff much of the Iranian left thought in the late 1970s. (I posted chunks of Val Moghadam's essay on precisely that topic here a few weeks ago.) I.e., the clerics were ok, anti-imperialism trumps all, liberals are fellow travelers of imperialism, etc.

Doug

^^^^ CB: See what I mean. You're sharp as a tack these days.

I missed Moghadam's essay. Also, an Iranian left position from 1979 might be new to the US left today.

By the way, shouldn't anti-imperialism trump quite a bit for the US left ? Aren't US liberals copartners of imperialism ?