[lbo-talk] Islamofascism Awareness Week

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Oct 24 07:45:49 PDT 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 10:26 AM, Jerry Monaco wrote:

> We, yes you and me, are murderers and torturers of Iranians. That
> is not
> only our past but part of our present world. You are a murderer.
> I am a
> murderer. Then we turn around and lecture the people we murder on
> their
> morality.

Well not exactly. I didn't murder anyone, and you probably didn't either, and I doubt Brian did. We are no friends of the American state. WHy this identification of state and people? Why this notion of collective responsibility? Is it related to Yoshie's preposterous idea that if we tried harder we could have stopped the ____ war (fill in the blank)?

Doug