[lbo-talk] Iran poll

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Oct 24 11:25:16 PDT 2007

So the masses demand more Yoshie. I don't get it, but while this list isn't a democracy, I do have to give the masses what they want.

She says in a post I just approved but which is lost for the moment somewhere in server space:

> 1. Why don't leftists in the USA trust the people of Iran to condemn
> the crimes committed by their own government and deal with them
> appropriately in due course?
>
> 2. Given the fact that leftists in the USA haven't been able to stop
> their own government from committing crimes at home and abroad (more
> of them abroad than at home), what makes them think that they can stop
> other peoples' governments from committing crimes?

I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't think that Iranian affairs are the business of Iranians, so this is typically devious argumentation on her part. But just to test this proposition, I've set up a poll:

<http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/IranPoll.html>
> Do you trust the people of Iran to condemn the crimes committed by
> their own government and deal with them appropriately in due course?
>
> yes
>
> no
>
> what crimes?
>
> it's none of my business

All listmembers are welcome to vote. Polls close Thursday, 4 PM New York time.

Doug