[lbo-talk] LBO Got All Crazy

Jim Straub rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 11:49:58 PDT 2007

I've been away from my email for a week, and just today scrolled through the LBO I missed. This is just an off the cuff impression, but it seems to me like the discussion on LBO has gotten really low; mean, flamey, even a little crazy. That stuff makes sense sometimes but in moderation and balance, and it seems like most of the extended threads last week were dominated by hyperventilating anger. Anyone else craving a bit of chilled out or elevated discourse, if only to leaven the rest of it?

On the other hand, if you can't beat em...

The Philadelphia Yuengling and cheesesteak diet works fine for me, ya'll pretty-faced motherfuckers in internet-land. Poor ugly and happy, as avail used to say. But with the hipster boom, Philly has plenty of pretty young things. Try walking around the town in 89, or Dayton today. Yep. We're just a bunch of undermensch mongrels out here in the flyover states. When I lived in Vegas I HATED the whole plastic pretty world. Gross.