[lbo-talk] Halle Berry makes "Jewish" joke on Tonight Show, editors cut it, dub laugh track over it

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 13:05:10 PDT 2007

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20071023/en_celeb_eo/d684c66e3d5a_4625_96e8_90cbca5dedd3

Halle Sorry for Jewish Joke

Gina Serpe Tue Oct 23, 12:47 PM ET

[...]

In introducing the first picture from the batch, in which her nose was vastly distorted, Berry said, "This one, I don't know, this is like my Jewish cousin."

The full remark never made it on air, however. The audience's silence at the attempted joke was covered with a laugh track and the word Jewish was muted out.

Leno's reaction, though, was not.

"I'm glad you said it and not me," he said.

Berry, however, appeared to realize her gaffe immediately.

"Oh, my God, have I just, like, ruined my whole career?" she asked, before going through the rest of her photo presentation.

[...]