[lbo-talk] Europhilia

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 17:48:15 PDT 2007

--- Angelus Novus <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Woj wrote:
>
> > as to Dennis Redmond, he is a Europhile and so am
> I.
>
> And like Dennis, your Europhilia is based upon a
> vision of Europe that never even really existed, and
> certainly does not today.
>
> You live in Baltimore, right? That's not a very
> good
> perspective from which to get a handle on European
> reality.
>
> I doubt the following will make much of a dent in
> your
> thick skull, but on the chance that it might, it's a
> good start:

[WS:] Wow, that is a really deep thought. Is that the type of argument that has traction in Berlin salons nowadays?

FYI, in addition to being an EU citizen (ah, that discreet charm of dual citizenship) and traveling there often, I do research on social policies for a living, and even have a few publications on that subject, so Baltimore residence is not a hindrance to me when comparing US to EU.

Wojtek