[lbo-talk] Quitting job: etiquette???

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 22:29:59 PDT 2007

When I quit I always told my boss face to face I was leaving and that I really appreciated and enjoyed working with the people there at their excellent firm, blah blah, but another opportunity had come along that I thought I couldn't pass over. Why care if it is nauseating cliche? A resignation speech/letter is rarely written for the ages, unless you are Richard Nixon. You are not Richard Nixon, are you? I also sent a letter resigning my position, generally just saying that. Or you could leave an IED, but I would not recommend that. It's illegal and unethical.