[lbo-talk] Kucinich saw UFO on Shirley MacLaine's porch, was deeply moved

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Thu Oct 25 10:55:16 PDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 06:03:17PM -0400, Charles Brown wrote:
> As I understand it, acting as if it is impossible for there to be other
> life in the universe is not the materialist/scientific "position" .
> Rather acting as if earth has the only life forms in the universe is
> closer to the old , religious "earth is the center of the universe"
> idea.

Being skeptical about someone who asserts: some phenomenon they could not explain was an encounter with extraterestrials, is not the same position as asserting: extraterrestrials do not exist.

This, as a defense for every kook who thinks some weather ballon was a flying saucer, is equivalent to the theist who demands the atheist "prove there is no god".

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 yahoo msg: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com

Without disclosure there is no truth, without truth no accountability.

-Richard Thieme