[lbo-talk] Quitting job: etiquette???

W. Kiernan wkiernan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 19:14:46 PDT 2007

Michael Smith wrote:

> Carroll was being humorous. IED = Improvised

> Explosive Device, the US military's

> characteristically ponderous term for a

> homemade roadside bomb.

Except spokesmen for the government have repeatedly used the term "IED" to label (apocryphal?) "explosively-formed projectile" bombs - these things:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explosively_formed_penetrator

which are allegedly manufactured in factories deep inside evil Iran and smuggled across the border by Ahmedinejad personally, to maim and kill our faithful Boys and confound their Mission. This is pure evil; he must be bombed, tomorrow, today.

Anyway, even if you believe that one, and you'd be crazy to, if it's mass produced in a factory, by definition it isn't "improvised."

Yours WDK - WKiernan at gmail.com