[lbo-talk] Revolutionary Leaders (was Iran Poll)

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Fri Oct 26 13:23:20 PDT 2007

Intellectuals cannot become revolutionary leaders, however, unless the masses endow them with charisma. It is not intellectuals who choose the masses but the other way around. How the masses do so has been little studied by Marxists. For that, we must turn to Weber and Weberians, especially Pierre Bourdieu.

^^^^^

CB: My impression is more masses chose the Marxist contemporaries of Weber, Lenin, Trotsky, than chose Weber. The test of theory/study is practice. Where did Weber succeed in the practice of getting chose by masses ? ( I mean besides masses of sociology teachers) .

Didn't the PCF get more votes than Bourdieu ? ( I mean besides among sociology teachers )