[lbo-talk] US fascism Awareness Month

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Mon Oct 29 13:05:49 PDT 2007

Charles wrote:
>CB: All the nooses popping up these days seem like a sign of some kind
>of Confederate network.

I live in the South and I definitely feel an undercurrent, not perhaps more than there was 10 years ago, but it's there, masquerading as working class but really small business-based, the guys that are getting squeezed by big capital, who complain about those with less power being the problem. The IRS is painted as a great redistribution system for the poor--'keep working, millions on welfare depend on you,' plus a confederate flag in case we didn't already figure out they meant Black people. I also think that the radio shows have gotten worse, not just the obviously political ones like Limbaugh but also the local DJs--there are some pernicious ones here who aren't overtly racist but their tendencies are a kind of fascist culture--having the homeless compete on air for cash, including running after a guy with money stuck all over him; 'drunk bitch Fridays' in which a woman gets progressively more drunk until incapacitation...

Jenny Brown </HTML>